As warmer weather rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Tallahassee? Especially if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was cooling just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as changing the oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked annually by an Intelligent Air specialist can help find small problems before they lead to huge malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outside your home, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow this how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to maintain delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up in your system can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy use—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and in the long-term, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps locate small issues before they become large, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine parts and perform a cycle of AC performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they create big issues that lead to a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is well-prepared to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to advanced failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC maintenance should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the ensuing spots and pieces:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Intelligent Air.